ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513 ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513

Monday, March 5, 2007

IndieSeen Favorite: Mark Ruffalo




I remember the first time I saw Mark Ruffalo was in this indie film called You Can Count On Me. The film was great and had a heatwarming story, but I must honestly say that Mark Ruffalo’s performance was what drove the film to me. I liked his mumbling reserved character and I felt so much empathy for this guy who was trying to do right in his self-destructive life. He has this innocent-like quality to all of his roles that is so appealing.

I found out Mark Ruffalo lived in my hometown of Virginia Beach for several years and after high school he moved out San Diego. He actually attended classes at the Stella Adler Conservatory and co-founded the Orpheus Theatre Company. Smart guy. He was a struggling artist though just like the rest of us and bartended for several years to make ends meet.

Mark has had a phenomenal career. After working on the NY indie hit You Can Count ON Me, he went on to star in films such as XX/XY, View From The Top, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, and 13 Going On 30.

Can I just say he was sooo adorable in 13 Going On 30? It’s one of the favorite guilty pleasure movies of all time. I only say guilty pleasure because it’s a commercial film with Jennifer Garner as its lead star, not really my forte…but I love the movie nonetheless. His film right now Zodiac is leading at the box office. The film Zodiac the real life notorious Zodiac, a serial killer who terrorized San Francisco with a string of seemingly random murders during the 1960s and 1970s.


He’s enjoyable to watch and I look forward to seeing his next film.

No comments: