ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513 ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513

Monday, March 5, 2007

B Horror script That Turned Into An A List Film!

EXT. SCHOOL COURTYARD - LATER

Students sit at outdoor tables eating lunch. Crowded at one table is the "gang". This consists of Sidney, Billy and Tatum.

Next to Tatum, sits her boyfriend STUART, with his arm draped across her back. He's a Billy wannabe. Almost the jock, almost handsome, almost cool. He tries way to hard.

Across the table is the fifth wheel, RANDY. A tall and gangly kid with no such Billy-like aspirations. A witty jokester who elevates geek to coolness.

TATUM
Hunt? Why would they ask if you like
to hunt?

STU
I don't know, they just did.

RANDY
Because their bodies were gutted.

Sidney flinches.

BILLY
Thanks Randy.

TATUM
They didn't ask me if I like to hunt.

STU
Because there's no way a girl could have
killed them.

TATUM
That is so sexist. The killer could
easily be female-BASIC INSTINCT.

RANDY
That was an ice pick-not exactly the
same.

STU
Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely
hollowed out. Takes a man to do
something like that.

TATUM
Or a man's mentality.

SIDNEY
(quiet, almost to herself)
How do you gut someone?

All eyes turn to Sidney. A serious silence. And then:

STU
You take a knife and slit from the groin
to the sternum.

Sidney shivers down to her soul. The whole table rolls their eyes at Stu.

STU
What? She asked.

BILLY
It's called tact, you fuckrag.

SIDNEY
Hey, Stu? Didn't you use to date Casey?

Stu's taken back, a little off guard.

STU
For about two seconds.

RANDY
Before she dumped him foe Steve.

Tatum turns to Stu, surprised.

TATUM
I thought you dumped her for me.

STU
I did. He's full of shit.

RANDY
And are the police aware you dated the
victim?

STU
(offended)
What are you saying? That I killed
her or something?

RANDY
It would certainly improve your high
school Q.

TATUM
Stu was with me last night.

RANDY
Oooooh...before or after he sliced and
diced.

TATUM
Fuck you, nut case. Where were you last
night?

RANDY
Working, thank you.

TATUM
I thought Blockbuster fired you.

RANDY
Twice.

STU
I didn't kill anybody.

BILLY
No one's saying you did.

RANDY
Besides-
(perfect Stu mimic)
"Takes a man to do something like that."

STU
I'm gonna gut your ass in a second.

RANDY
(to Stu)
Did you really put her liver in the
mailbox? I hear they found her liver
in the mailbox.

TATUM
(eyeing Sidney)
Randy, you goon-fuck, I'm eating here.

Stu nibbles at Tatum's neck.

STU
Yeah, Randy, she's getting mad. I think
you better liver alone.








No comments: