ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513 ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Watching Cloverfield Makes Me Scurred To Live Here




Brief Review: You will jump out of your seat, you will get scurred, and you will suffer from some motion sickness especially if you had a few drinks before getting to the theater like I did.

Be ready to look for little clues and hints in the film. J.J. Abrams produced this flick so if any of you are "Lost" fans, then you know what I'm talking about. Great story told from the perspective of a video camera. With the marketing hype and the way the film was shot it was very reminiscent of the Blair Witch phenomena of the late 90's.

The film did extremely well at the box office and there's already talks about a sequel. Of course, watching the film you already get the sense that a sequel is coming anyway. Interesting flick. Well directed. Any indie filmmaker could of made it too which is inspiring...

But shit...now I'm scared to leave my apartment. From watching I Am Legend to Cloverfield...this island is really a trap if a disaster were to occur. Can someone buy me a one way ticket to L.A.??

No comments: