ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513 ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Indie Pick O' The Day: The Lookout



"I wake up. Turn off the alarm. Look outside so I know what to wear. I took a shower... with soap. Then I shave. Sometimes I cry for no reason. I wake up. I get dressed. I take my meds. I eat breakfast and I don't read the paper, it confuses me, which makes me mad. I wake up."

I know, I know this is just another excuse for us to rant and rave about our JGL but we can't help it! This is a kick ass movie! The Lookout is about poor Chris Pratt who finds himself in a devastating car accident that leaves him with a life long brain injury. He only remembers bits and pieces of moments at a time, and has to write down everything in order to commit it to memory.

Chris finds himself being taken advantage of when he is approached by Gary Spargo (played by Matthew Goode). Gary lets Chris in on a little secret---"wanna rob a bank?" Chris finds himself at caught between a rock and a hard place when he ponders whether he should go with the heist or let well enough alone.

Jeff Daniels and Isla Fisher also co-star in this wild ride crime thriller. The script is by seasoned screenwriter Scott Frank who wrote Minority Report and Out Of Sight. This is Frank's directorial debut in this film.

Ummm can I just say something??? Will someone give this kid an Oscar already? He is such an underrated actor!!! Let's get scrubs like Paul Walker off the screen and add more JGL to the movie theaters!!

No comments: