ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513 ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513

Friday, March 16, 2007

The Biggest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist

69 INT. RABIN'S OFFICE - DAY


KUJAN
Do you believe in him, Verbal?

VERBAL
Keaton always said: "I don't believe in
God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I
believe in God, and the only thing that
scares me is Keyser SOZE.


70 INT. WORKSHOP


Jack Baer and Rabin listen to Verbal on the speaker with one
ear.



RAB IN
You give this any weight, Agent Baer?


BAER
I can introduce you to Dan Metzheiser
from Justice. He has a file on Sate in
D.C. It's been a hobby of his for a few
years. A lot of guys equate him to that
reporter on the Incredible Hulk.

RABIN
Had you heard of him before?

BAER
On the street? A few times. Outside
stuff. Somebody was working for a guy who
was working for a guy who got money
through Keyser Soze. That kind of shit.
Could be an old badge. A hex sign to keep
people from fucking with you back when a
name meant something.

RAB IN
But you're here.

BAER
Shit yeah. I got a guy trying to walk out
of the hospital on d fried drumstick to
get away from SOZE. I'11 run it up the
flagpole.

71 INT. RABIN'S OFFICE 71

VERBAL
I came clean. I told it like it happened
on the boat. So what if I left out how I
got there? It's got so many holes in it,
the D.A. would've told me to blow amnesty
out my ass. So you got what you wanted
out of me. Big fucking deal.

KUJAN
And this is why you never told the D.A.

VERBAL
You tell me, Agent Kujan. If I told you
the Loch Ness Monster hired me to hit the
harbor, what would you say?

KUJAN
Turn state's evidence. Take the stand on
this and we'll hear it out.


VERBAL
I've got immunity now. What can you
possibly offer me?

KUJAN
If there is a Keyser Soze he'll be
looking for you.

VERBAL
Where's your head, Agent Kujan? Where do
you think the pressure's coming from?
Keyser Soze - or whatever you want to
call him - knows where I am right now.
He's got the front burner under' your ass
to let me go so he can scoop me up ten
minutes later. Immunity was just to deal
with you assholes. I got a whole new
problem when I post bail.

KUJAN
So why play into his hands? We can
protect you.

VERBAL
Gee, thanks, Dave. Bang-up job so far.
Extortion, coercion. You'll pardon me if
I ask you to kiss my pucker. The same
fuckers that rounded us up and sank us
into this mess are telling me They'll
bail me out? Fuck you. You think you can
catch Keyser Soze? You think a guy like
that comes this close to getting fingered
and sticks his head out? If he comes up
for anything, it will be to get rid of
me.
(beat)
After that, my guess is you'll never hear
from him again.

No comments: