ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513 ss_blog_claim=17cc6e1d8cd65fdbdc8a677d66b74513

Monday, March 12, 2007

ABC- Always Be Closing!

LINGK
What are the police doing?

ROMA
It's nothing.

LINGK
What are the police doing here...?

WILLIAMSON
We had a slight burglary last night.

ROMA
It was nothing...I was assuring Mr.
Lingk...

WILLIAMSON
Mr. Lingk. James Lingk. Your
contract went out. Nothing to...

ROMA
John...

WILLIAMSON
Your contract went out to the bank.

LINGK
You cashed the check?

WILLIAMSON
We...

ROMA
...Mr. Williamson...

WILLIAMSON
Your check as cashed yesterday
afternoon. And we're completely
insured, as you know, in any case.

Pause.

LINGK
(to Roma)
You cashed the check?

ROMA
Not to my knowledge, no...

WILLIAMSON
I'm sure we can...

81.


LINGK
Oh, Christ...
(starts out the door)
Don't follow me...Oh, Christ.
(pause, to Roma)
I know I've let you down. I'm
sorry. For...Forgive...for...I
don't know anymore.
(pause)
Forgive me.

Lingk exits. Pause.

ROMA
(to Williamson)
You stupid fucking cunt. You,
Williamson...I'm talking to you,
shithead...You just cost me six
thousand dollars.
(pause)
Six thousand dollars. And one
Cadillac. That's right. What are
you going to do about it? What are
you goin to do about it, asshole.
You fucking shit. Where did you
learn your trade. You stupid
fucking cunt. You idiot. Whoever
told you you could work with men?

BAYLEN
Could I...

ROMA
I'm going to have your job, shithead.
I'm going downtown and talk to
Mitch and Murrray, and I'm going to
Lemkin. I don't care whose nephew
you are, who you know, whose dick
you're sucking on. You're going
out, I swear to you, you're going...

BAYLEN
Hey, fella, let's get this done...

ROMA
Anyone in this office lives on
their wits...
(to Baylen)
I'm going to be with you in a
second.
(to Williamson)
What you're hired for is to help
us--does that seem clear to you?
(MORE)

82.


ROMA (CONT'D)
To help us. Not to fuck us up...to
help men who are going out there to
try to earn a living. You fairy.
You company man...I'll tell you
something else. I hope you knocked
the joint off, I can tell our
friend here something might help
him catch you.
(starts into the room)
You want to learn the first rule
you'd know if you ever spent a day
in your life...you never open your
mouth till you know what the shot
is.
(pause)
You fucking child...

Roma goes to the inner room.

No comments: